Gum disease has been linked to a number of health complications including low birth weight babies and heart disease. Until recently, traditional gum surgery was the only method of effectively treating gum disease, and it is often an uncomfortable procedure.
LANAP® is a minimally-invasive treatment offered at our Newport, TN, practice as an alternative to traditional gum surgery. LANAP® does not require any stitching or cutting of the gums.
Want to Learn More About LANAP®?
Are you interested in learning more about this state of the art gum disease treatment option?
What is the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®)?
Only a very small percentage of Americans that have gum disease end up getting the gum disease treatment they need in a timely manner. This disease is linked to several health conditions because the health of your mouth affects your overall health. People with periodontal disease are at a higher risk of having diabetes, heart disease, or even pancreatic cancer at some point in life. Until recently, the majority of treatment options included a very invasive surgery that involves cutting the gum tissue or extraction of the teeth. Now, patients do not have to put off their treatment in Sevierville and East Tennessee and can receive treatment for periodontal disease with Dr. David Sutton.
The PerioLase® MVP-7™ and LANAP® allows us to remove bacteria within the pockets of the gums without harming surrounding healthy tissue. Patients that undergo laser gum disease treatment experience only minimal discomfort and little to no gum recession resulting from treatment. Laser treatment also provides more predictable long term results. LANAP® is an FDA cleared laser treatment that is backed by extensive scientific research studies. It offers the highest standard of care for patients that need gum disease treatment.
Benefits of LANAP®
The top benefits of LANAP® include:
- Fast healing times - This is a minimally invasive procedure, so you will recovery very quickly.
- Minimal discomfort - We rarely need to prescribe pain medication after this type of gum disease treatment.
- Less downtime – Most patients can go back to regular activities the same day.
- Little to no gum recession - This procedure does not typically lower the gum line.
- Reduced inflammation and bleeding - This procedure can remove up to 90 percent of inflammation in the mouth after a single visit and leaves healthy tissue intact.
- Saves teeth - Laser gum surgery can help you maintain your natural teeth.
- Bone regeneration - This procedure can help to regenerate bone around the teeth.
- No contraindications - It is a safe laser procedure and will not interfere with medications or any health conditions.
Laser gum surgery with LANAP® offers many benefits over traditional methods of treating periodontal disease. For more information about laser dentistry in Sevierville and East Tennessee or to find out if you are a candidate for gum disease treatment, set up your consultation with Dr. Sutton today!